The club is responsible for coordinating all referees for the Recreation Program and the Assistant Referees (AR) for all home games in the Competitive Program. To maintain a high standard, we require that all referees have a current Grade 8 or Grade 9 ISRC certification.
Referees must be at least 12 years old.
- 12 to15 year old referees must have a work permit. Permits are valid for one year from date of issue.
- 12 & 13 year old referees are required to have a parent or guardian present during their assignments.
Referee Grade Level 8:
Certified to do both centers and lines on all USSF affiliated youth (up to U-19), and amateur adult games, as well as Recreational USSF affiliated games.
Referee Grade Level 9:
Certifies to serve as an Assistant Referee for competitive (travel) U11 to U14 games and center for Ela Recreational games.
Referees must register each year with U.S. Soccer through their State Referee Office. (ISRC) You must be registered for a calendar year before you take the field in that calendar year. If you miss a year of registration, you can register once again by taking a recertification course and passing the test, however you cannot register until after January 1 of the year for which you are registered.
If you need to attend a referee certification clinic please check the ISRC website for clinic dates and to register. **
Contact Ela Referee Assignor
Want to earn money, while being involved in a sport you already love? If you are 12 years of age or older you can become a soccer referee after one weekend of class!
· Work your own schedule (some parent/child games are available)
· Gain more knowledge on all the rules of the game
· Put your knowledge to work and earn money at the same time
If you would like to referee for Ela Soccer Club request an application package
or call 847-726-6909 for more information.